I got tagged for a meme today. I feel like a jaded old blogger when I not only get tagged, but when the tag comes with rules and they make me smile for no other reason than I've read them in some variation or other for years now:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names, and links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Goodness. Is there anything I haven't written about myself? I'm such a blurter, even my mechanic probably knows more about me than my parents.
1. I hate the lead-up to Christmas. Call me Scrooge, but I don't want to hear a jingle or see red and green until at least December. My son's school has gone into caretaker mode, ceasing all useful activities because it's 'close to Christmas' (still 5 weeks of school!). I'd rather they just let them out of school two weeks early than make them do all the mindless gumph like cutting and pasting and video-watching while the teachers run around organising the next year. And I loath supermarkets at Christmastime, which seems to be the end of September until 25 December, when suddenly it all ceases and the deco changes in favour of New Year's Day/Australia Day/ Easter. GAH.
2. I love cats' nipples. Especially on boy cats. That is intelligent design.
3. Every time I try to clean the house for my mother-in-law, the vacuum cleaner needs a new bag or filter and there's no time to get one. Trying to pass off the brown carpet covered in black cat-hair swirls as an animal print pattern seems a bit desperate.
4. I just don't get PCs. My brain can't cope with their functionality.
5. I would sell my soul at the moment for another month or two of cool weather. Printing in heat sucks.
Hmmm... tagging... trying to think of people who would like the thought of another meme... Bernice, because she needs to de-stress and her answers always crack me up. TimT, because he never seems stressed and everything he writes cracks me up. The Brontes, because we can never know enough about them and they need a bit of a bum-kick. Dean, not because he's un-memed, but because I want him to write 5 interesting things about his new car. And... Megsie from GlassCentralCanberra. Maybe 5 random things about the sexiness of the Canberra Glass scene? Heh.