Pages

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Remember to vote

One of the best jokes on Sideshow tonight was the one about John Howard calling an election at 1 minute to 6pm on the day of the election, allowing just enough time for he and Janette to vote, and making the rest of Australia pay fines, causing a huge Budget surplus... if only he could be sure which way Janette would vote. Boom-tish!

Anyway, as proof that I have not been faffing about aimlessly in the last few weeks, here is my latest creation:

arsehattery

Printed using metal and wood type, on a nice creamy coated stock, it is an ornament to any wall or office cubicle. Yes, they are for sale, at my newly created duck shop. The payment options are a bit primitive, but the service is very friendly. The edition is only limited by time and energy and relevance. Hopefully this poster will only be relevant for a few more months and then it will be a splendid souvenir of a revolting era. Or else I'll be selling it to you from New Zealand.

You are also very welcome to snitch the digital image and pass it along, as long as you acknowledge the source. But they are rather glorious in their original hand-set letterpress state.

Full acknowledgement is given to Crazybrave for awareness of the fabulous term Arsehattery, which covers just about every political evil.

13 comments:

Mummy/Crit said...

Yay. Arsehat! That is one lovely poster. We were disillusioned enough by the first round of Sideshow that we no longer make the effort, especially when it is after Dr Who which is often too scary for 6 year olds, and The Iron Chef, followed by RockWiz is on SBS. But I do miss regular Kransky Sisters, it's true. And I do have a soft spot for Mr Wanky Paul McDermott. It's one of those teenage things - DAAS busking on that corner opposite DJs....I'll give it another chance next week.

Ampersand Duck said...

Remember when we had our own little blogmeet, Crit, and I was so happy to finally meet you because I'd been seeing your face around Canberra for years? Well, standing outside DJs watching Paul and the other Doug Anthony All Stars torment the crowds unmercifully is definitely somewhere I used to see you. I quake to think how long ago that was...

Anonymous said...

Kewl!

Much like my 4 hand printed tea-towels which say

Dry Up Howard

Dry Up Downer

Dry Up Tony
and
Dry Up Amanda

I'm hoping they'll be super -redundant after the election.

Ampersand Duck said...

OMG and GAH! Seepi!

I just remembered the printer's dictionary, which I've forgotten to throw your way. I shall do it post-haste, and throw in a poster for bad manners.

Where does one find those tea-towels, BTW? They sound super.

Kerryn Goldsworthy said...

I too have contingency plans to move to New Zealand, should the unthinkable happen. I've always fancied that beach in The Piano.

Top poster. I'll go and have a look at the Duck Shop now. You are clever, setting this kind of complicated stuff up -- I still think the Interwebs are run by the fairies.

Ampersand Duck said...

Thanks, Pav.

Evil fairies, at that.

I'm doing this the most basic way I can, because any other way seems to involve signing your life away and invoking the evil tithe godmother. Hopefully it won't be too cumbersome!

lucy tartan said...

Fabulous poster Duck. And very reasonably priced.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah - I'd forgotten about that too! Not that I have an immdiate need for it, for either my current work - editing the most boring booklet known to accountants, or my home project (as yet unstarted girly novel).

But I would like to own a copy - just cos!

Let's swap - I've got a spare Johhny T-towel in blue - unless you'd prefer Amanda V in green - but that one doesn't look as much like her as the rest. They came from Helen Maxwell gallery at Xmas time.

Ampersand Duck said...

Done. I'll email you and we can meet up this week, if you're up for a cuppa.

Anonymous said...

We'll take three.

I draw the line at putting a KEVIN07 sticker on my bumper but one of these in the back window will be just perfect.

Anonymous said...

Spoke to a friend in Dunedin last week - the hideous prospect of a Coalition win came up & he said something about limiting nos. of refugees to 10 & he'd heard about a nice set of islands - Cocos something...? They're calling it the Indian Solution.
The poster is a cracker - will attempt to place into Berniceland as per instructions.

tigtog said...

Loving the poster!

Merc said...

Your posters seem to reflect the current mood, at least these are the vibes I'm getting as an expat back "home". Thanks.