Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Pollie germs

Best Beloved flew to Sydney this afternoon in preparation for an early meeting tomorrow.

It's the end of a Parliament Sitting week, and BB found the airport chaotic and full of grotty politicians. He wishes he'd flown tomorrow in the morning now. According to the email he sent me from his Slaveberry, he shared the plane with Downer, Ruddock and Turnbull. Euwk. The only thing wrong about Canberra is Parliament. Send it back to Melbourne! They can deal with the ejits.

Then he rang me from Sydney Airport while he was waiting for a colleague to disembark. With the confidence of a woman with a faithful partner, I joked about him waiting for his mistress. Then I heard a vaguely familiar female laugh in the background behind him and I said 'See, told you! Who's that?!'

Julia Gillard, was the amused answer. Tuh! Hussy. Tinkling her foxy laughter behind my nice young man. Still, at least she has taste. As does he, I like to think.

5 comments:

fifi said...

ha ha haaaaa, Julia Gillard indeed. Hussy!

what a horrible planeload. yucky yuck.

Kerryn Goldsworthy said...

Julia Gillard the Tinkling Fox, eh? I wonder if that would appeal to the electorate ...

cristy said...

I dropped Mum off at the airport last night and it was swarming with them. We actually had to line up in front of Abbott. I was sad enough to say goodbye to Mum without him bringing down my mood...

Val said...

No thanks, we don't want grotty pollies here in Melbourne. But thank you lucky stars we weren't in Sydney during APEC.

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

or to be more subtle it could be Julia "Tinkling Fox" Gillard... or just plain Tinkle?