Pages

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Let's talk about me, yada yada


Short Ducky, originally uploaded by Ampersand Duck.

This is me at an opening at the art school last night. I am surrounded by tall men (the third is taking this odd photo with his camera). I feel like a Munchkin when I look at this. Petite, even. I like that feeling.

The only other photo I have ever seen like this is from my first wedding. (I always inadvertently use the word 'funeral' in my head, and occasionally it pops out when I talk to people about weddings, which gets me a few odd looks.) My bridal party were all taller than me, even my bridesmaid. And I was wearing heels.

Believe me, I am not a short woman. Not as tall as Zoe or TJ, but I usually hold my own in a photo. My best friends at uni were both very short and could wear each other's clothes. They could borrow mine, but I couldn't begin to squeeze myself into theirs. Very frustrating, because they always got to mix and match all the coolest clothes. My mum also had cool clothes from the 70s, but I grew out of her size at about age 13. And kept growing. Especially my feet.

So I'm posting this, in order to have something to click onto whenever I feel too large. My hand is void of wine glass because we're spending as much of this year as we can without drinking. I'm STILL waiting to feel better for it, and it's been 2 months. Frig.

Photo credit to Steev, who decided that since his camera takes shitty pictures, he'll just take deliberately distorted images. Onya Steevie.

No comments: