Pages

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Whatcha you doing on your bed?

Giggling this morning over Georg's link to PC World's 13 Most Embarrassing Web Moments, and got caught up over at YouTube watching PC's number 4: the Star Wars Kid. The poor bugger got sprung ages ago making a video of himself being a Star Wars fighter, a scene I have to live with in all of Bumblebee's waking hours, except without the ungainliness (Bumblebee is small and skinny, and surprisingly adept with a lightsabre substitute). Of course, that got me watching some of the remixes of the STK, and I just wanted to share my favorite:



Gold.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really liked Mark Hamill's & Alec Guiness's expressions.

Anonymous said...

Well, it's not surprising that Bumblebee is more elegant than that - he's not carrying an extra 40kgs of lard.

Anonymous said...

that's a classic example of what film theorists call the Kuleshov Effect; editing shots of a person looking at something together with shots of the thing he's supposed to be looking 'at' dictates how viewers will interpret the person's facial expressions. Excuse that little nerdout moment.

Ampersand Duck said...

I love it when you get all technical on me.

[dkekuurv]

Mummy/Crit said...

Wild. I did go and watch the original too. Kind of sad, but I do like what they did with it - better when you can't see his face.

Boysenberry said...

Poor bugger, I feel sorry for him. He probably felt that he was good, but has become a fairly well-known object of ridicule. That said, it is pretty funny.

Dean said...

"Gold"

Nay... platinum.

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

that remix - oh, I'd call it Comedy Titanium! brilliant editing!


I too, feel sorry for the kid - BUT! - he taped himself. and to all accounts, left the tape hanging about at school. who does that? fair game in a ruthless world... and none so ruthless as high school. first rule, cover your arse (literally and figuratively).

also, I love the way it actually starts out looking like a reasonably co-ordinated, almost choreographed little scene, and degenerates into exhausted flailings as he gets tired.