Pages

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Inspiring stuff

best time to invade eva

Call me un-Australian, but I've never been one to get excited about the Melbourne Cup, except perhaps once (years ago) when I was temporarily a public servant and it gave me an excuse to get out of my excruciatingly dull office and get pissed on work time. Maybe that's why it's so popular. Since I've been a freelancer I've managed to avoid all the hoo-haa around race-time.

I happened to drive past the Canberra racetrack today on the way back from picking up my tax and watched some pretty young things in spiky heels tottering across the road to get to the bar before Teh Big Race started, battling the rising winds. Up the road on either escape route the police were setting up the obligatory breathaliser stations. And as a special treat this year, the Vehicle Inspectors were roaming through the carparks. Mmm, spend your wad at the races and come out to a condemned notice on the car. Fun.

Zoe sent me this today, bless her. I'm very pumped up as a result. In fact I'm so inspired I've changed my mind about having an afternoon nap.


(Apologies to those who have seen this cartoon already on my website. I couldn't resist dusting it off again today.)

4 comments:

Enny said...

That link is AWESOME!!!

What a pick-me-up! =o)

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

oh my!

that's MIGHTY!

Mummy/Crit said...

That is a fabulous Zoe-gift! How was the lack of afternoon-nap? Some of my work colleagues (kind of) went to the races for a laugh....

Zoe said...

(I am so chuffed it amused you, Duck. And all you other kids have to do to tell others of their mightiness just substitute their name for Ampersand Duck in the url. It really is too precious not to share.)