Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2006

BTW

I take a break from my scheduled holiday reminiscences to indulge Zoe with a meme. This meme has been brought to you today by the letter I and the number 4.

Four jobs you've had in your life:
Life Model.
Fabulous for meeting people, but they only talk to you when your clothes are off. Weirdly, as soon as you put your clothes back on, everyone clams up and can't make eye-contact.

Taxi Driver.
Inspired in my uni daze by my male friends who would sit in the uni bar and swap stories about their shifts. All my female friends were waitresses and shop assistants, and I thought 'f*ck that for a joke' and managed with great difficulty to find someone to train me. Problem is, all the Canberra owner/drivers were men, and their wives didn't approve of women trainees sitting jockey in the car all day. Loved this job, left it when I didn't feel safe anymore. Note to self: do a post on this one day.

Desktop Publisher.
Pays the bills

Letterpress Printer.
Keeps the soul alive. I promise I will blog more about this in 2006.

Four movies you could watch over and over:
This is REALLY hard for a Libran. The list changes daily. Today it goes thus:
The Philadelphia Story
Muriel's Wedding
Kal Ho Na Ho
Amelie

Four places you've lived:
In a weatherboard house on Bend 4 of Mt Nelson Road in Hobart.
In the sandstone house next to the Macquarie Lighthouse on South Head in Sydney.
In a terrace house in Shrivenham, Wiltshire, England.
In the top floor of B section, Toad Hall, Australian National University (before they threw all the hippies and druggies out and made it nice).

Four TV shows you love to watch:
This is hard because (1) see above re. the movies, and (2) I don't watch a lot of live tv. Maybe I'll choose four of my all-time favourites.
Black Books.
The Goodies.
Pride and Prejudice.
The Royle Family.

Four places you've been on holiday:
Kalgoorlie, WA
Cadbury's Chocolate Factory, Hobart
A camping road trip in a Saab around Sweden, Norway and Denmark
Houston, Texas, US, staying with fundamentalist Christians. Say no more.

Four websites you visit daily:
bloglines
wikipedia
abebooks
ebay Australia

Four of your favorite foods:
Chocolate.
Is red wine a food? let's say yes.
Chickpeas. In anything.
Spaghetti Bolognese. But only if I cook it.

Four places you'd rather be:
In bed. Reading. (I know that's specific, but I can't help it. It's the best place to read.)
In a bath. Reading. (but only something that can be freely exposed to steam, like old paperbacks and crappy magazines.)
At Depot Beach (far away in time). Reading.
Playing with type. (Reading upside down, back to front.)

Four Play:
but only if you want to...
Sorrow's Laura
Comicstrip Hero
Kate
Deanto keep you going until we can get board-gaming.

No comments: