Pages

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Rain dance

RAIN! RAIN I TELL YA! OUT THE WINDOW! MAKING NOISE ON THE ROOF! RAIN!

[jiggles bottom, jumps around]

Woke up this morning at 4.30am to the sound of a thunder roll. It's better than a small child telling you about shiny buckets, eh Zoe? Went back to sleep almost immediately, awoke at right time to more rain, and a bit of sun. Now we're having another shower.

RAIN! everything smells fresh and wet! The plants are happy! RAIN!

[Flashdance run on the spot, head down, head up]

Dunno how long it's going to last, but the sound of it through the leaves on the trees outside the Bookstud window will stay with me for days.

[lies on the floor, tired but happy, and slightly damp]

4 comments:

Zoe said...

I woke up and said "everything looks so happy and beautiful after the rain!" and Mr Glass-Half-Empty said "it wasn't enough!"

And yep, much better than buckets.

Ampersand Duck said...

Oh phooey to him.

Not enough for the farmers, but enough to wash the dust off the car. And that's good enough for me.

Mindy said...

Can you send it our way please?

Boysenberry said...

I must admit, my first thought yesterday morning was, "It would have to be the day I'm walking to work!"

It was lovely to come home yesterday and see the backyard looking refreshed.