Pages

Sunday, October 08, 2006

&Duck grows up, just a little bit more

This is so dumb. It's half past midnight. I went to an opening today yesterday for that textile artist I mentioned ages ago (I'm not going to find the link, I'm half asleep as it is), and it was splendid. Wine was drunk and speeches made. The catalogue I designed for her was launched, and it was a great success. We did a paperback version, but also a special hardback limited edition covered with bookcloth that she printed herself. It looks terrific, lots of people were buying it.

Anyhoo, I've changed my business name to Ampersand Duck recently. I've decided to do everything I do under one 'umbrella' name rather than a few little names, and I'm a bit fond of the &Duck moniker. So this catalogue was my first commercial Duckie production, and on the publication imprint page I'd rashly put my web URL, the one I've been hoarding for two years without doing anything about except a placeholder.

On my (tipsy) bikeride back from the opening/launch I suddenly thought that since the books were selling like hotcakes, I'd better do something about that placeholder on the web in case people went home and looked me up. So I decided to spend an hour or so putting a bit more info on it. That was at 5pm. And what is it now? GAH! Gawd, can't the interweb SUCK UP TIME?!!! Poor old Mary Gilmore was forgotten about in the frenzy. Never mind, I'm child-free this week, I'll be able to lavish lots of attention on her layout tomorrow today, after I wake up all bleary.

AHEM! So today, Sunday the 8th, is Ampersand Duck the Blog's second birthday. To celebrate, let me introduce you to my new enterprise, Ampersand Duck the Website. Warning! Only some of the buttons work, but those that do will hopefully work well. I'll leave it to you to find out which they are.

11 comments:

Teej Mahal said...

Nicely done Ms Duck. The new site looks fantastic.

Boysenberry said...

Sometimes, it seems far too easy to work after a beverage or two. :(

Congratulations on your part of the launch, and on starting up &Duck. Nice layout on the webpage - minimalist practical.

Anonymous said...

Fucking fabulous darling - happy birthday &duck - mightly impressed it only took you two years to get this together - seem to have had a domanin name for some err umm time myself.

Ben.H said...

Congratulations on actually getting a functional website together. You have inspired me to try to do something useful with mine, one of these days.

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

lovely Ducky!

you are very grown up now. stop that! ;)

Mindy said...

The pictures disappear! For ijits like me would it be possible to have the text pop up when the picture disappears? Like the Padge and Pooter piccy.

Anonymous said...

It looks really terrific, I'm very very impressed, even more so that you got it laid out so beautifully in one evening.

Congrats on your second blog-birthday. Here's to lots more.

Zoe said...

And she leaps from the closet in glorious style!

Love your work, babe.

xxx

Mrs A said...

Very impressive.Good luck with the new enterprise.I love what you did with Georgette too !

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Ducky - very exciting news on the biz front.

Ampersand Duck said...

YAY! Now I just have to finish the rest of it. My aim is to have everything in place by the end of the year, but that might be a bit ambitious. I just need another adrenalin rush like saturday's.