Pages

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

We have resumed normality...

...whatever normality is, in the words of the modern sage.

I'm pretty sure I've cracked my template problems, although until you all start a fresh batch of commenting I have no real way of knowing. You should be able to press 'quacks' and get a pop-up box straightaway, not get an interim page beforehand.

And, o joy! I managed to restore all my pre-Haloscan comments in technicolour glory, so anything from roughly August last year back are there. Next time I get a spare hour or two I'm going to experiment with restoring my newly-exported Haloscan comments by cutting and pasting, and when I think it's all pretty good I'll contact the NLA and see if any of this code-monkeying has been worth it.

If not, well, you're all doomed to obscurity... doomed, I tell ye! HAA HAAA HA HA HAAA...

Ahem. As you were.

Now... I know Zoe likes the colours I'm using, but tell me honestly... do you think the colour of the titles and links is a bit fleshy? Is it easy on the eyes, or hard to read? I think I like it, but I might tinker with the shades a bit.

9 comments:

Zoe said...

A friendly test comment.

Hi!

Ampersand Duck said...

HOORAY!
Did it work ok for you? seems ok to me, but it could just be humouring me after I bashed the keybort with my head.

Mummy/Crit said...

Yay. It works for me. As for your colours, I like them too, I can only see things clearly if I turn my head at the moment (broke one of my contact lenses by stepping on it, and so have had to wear glasses for the last 2 weeks, and the script is a bit behind the contacts one _and_ can't get to see the eye guy for another 8 weeks, but enough of my whinging in your comment box!) BUt I reckon that as you're the pro in all this, what you say goes...

lucy tartan said...

Poor mummycrit, it's bad not being able to see properly.

The blog looks beautiful. I sneaked a look at it on the horrible computer at work this morning, and looked really good there too.

Ampersand Duck said...

Yay! Thanks for the feedback.

(I wasn't going to leave another comment, but the word verification threw this at me:

curtpby!

I'm quite enjoying having a doorbitch again. And I'm getting very intimate with it, cutting and pasting old comments.)

Boysenberry said...

It all looks good, &duck.

gfjvcfn

Val said...

I prefer just a bit more contrast in the colors myself for ease of reading. But no white text on black background please!

Ampersand Duck said...

No, I've moved past that :)

Val said...

Ooh, I've just noticed your new profile photo. Cute! Or maybe I didn't notice it before?