Pages

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I apologise for the inconvenience...

Sorry for the endless bouts of republishing if what I'm doing is affecting you... I'm trying to get back to using Blogger commenting, because I was alarmed to find that using Haloscan means that none of you get to be archived on PANDORA with me, and I think that's just not on, since commenting is such a vital part of blogging.

ANYHOO, I decided to rejig the template at the same time, since I was already faffing about endlessly with code. I hope this template is trouble-free for you.

The problem is, I still seem to be controlled by Haloscan, even though I've removed the Haloscan code. I'm thinking now it's something to do with my Haloscan account being active, but I can't find how to disable comments at their end without closing my account (I don't want to do that just yet).

So while I'm sorting all this out, there may be a few hiccups. The biggest hiccup is what to do with all the comments up to now... cut & paste? Argh. Anyway, if I can get this happening and then see if the NLA can archive Blogger comments, we can all start fresh and be witty for as long as they maintain the archive. I don't want to be alone in Pandora's box... I want you all in there with me!

So. on I go, trying to tweak until it all works. Any suggestions would be most welcome, if you're able to leave comments! Otherwise email me: letpress[blip]webone[blat]com[blat]au. [Take that, spammers.]

10 comments:

Ampersand Duck said...

Just testing my own comments -- I'm going to have to do somthing about the two layers you/I have to go through to leave a comment. Argh.

Dean said...

Testing testing one two three

Barnsey Barnsey BARNSEY!

Yep, this mic's working fine.

Ampersand Duck said...

See? I KNOW that Dean left a message last night, because it emailed to me. But I don't see it here...

Zoe said...

OK, Duck, I'm seeing blogger comments and no Haloscan comment option - it looks like you have liftoff.

But ... the "post a comment" link is above the first comment rather than after the last one; can you change that in blogger?

And moderation and word verification are on, Ms Belt and Braces.

Ampersand Duck said...

Hooray!
I think that's a template thing, which I shall look into when I'm not wrestling with odd concertina books, as I am today. Sheesh, they're worse than alligators.

Still seem to have lost Dean's comment... I think it got lost between switching comment moderation on and off. So come back, Dean! Write again!

Val said...

Attempting a test comment, as per request. Like Zoe, I think the preferred placing for the new comment is after the last one.

Mummy/Crit said...

Looks good to me, though there is a slight inconsistency which I will try to describe...

OK, so you're reading the original post. There's a link that tells you about how many comments there are. You click it and are taken to a page containing the original post and the comments, If you want to post you get taken to a third window. Is there any way you can do this in fewer steps (ie eliminate the last one, by having it be the same window as the second one)? Does that make sense? (Or is it how you want it now?)

Other than that little bit of anal nerdity on my part, it seems fine. Blogger comments behaving as usual I reckon.

Zoe said...

Right on, Val! I just went to make this comment and hit home instead of post comment. So that's where I reckon you should put the link.

And forgot to mention before, MOST ATTRACTIVE new template! Deeply love that puce font.

JahTeh said...

What I would like, a watermark background of an old book endpaper, just to take away the stark white.

Ampersand Duck said...

Noice thought... I'll ruminate upon that for a while.