Pages

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Nest activity

I haven't really had the headspace for blogosphere in the past few days, and I can't see it getting any better for a few more. It's getting very close to funding grant application deadline, and I'm doing my best to present an attractive case. FUND ME! I shall screech as I drop in the application, and if I really get stressed I may flash my tits. Only joking. It probably won't be good weather for tit-baring, knowing Canberra.

Anyhoo, in the absence of my full attention, I thought I'd share the other activities in my household in the hope that it may amuse you for the 30 seconds you've come to visit:

BEST BELOVED

lime marmalade making

Every weekend he's been making a preserve or some sort of jammy thing. This weekend it's lime marmalade and I think, judging by the ultra-fresh tang in the air, another batch of his celebrated lemon marmalade.

BUMBLEBEE

lego_battles

Bumblebee is actually at his dad's this weekend, but he left an assortment of lego creations to get underfoot. What you can see here is (clockwise from top left) a Dalek; something with really cool guns that can do amazing things but can't kill Daleks; an electronic mouse thingy with a butt bristling with lightsabres; and a little Dalek helper.

CATS

I know this is all you care about, really, so double helpings for everybody.

lizard
Mr Pooter has discovered lizards. I managed to rescue this one after taking a photo or two, but I'm not sure if lizards can survive after losing legs *and* tails...

tag_rage
Mr Padge decided to help me take all the stickers and tags off my pile of purchases after I visited the Bonds seconds sale the other day and stocked up on t-shirts and underwear... He got a bit antsy with the tags and even more with my camera cord...

tag_rage2
Note the healthy amount of claw that cat can show!

starepots
Today, after a week of such excitement, the cats decided to cuddle up on my office chair...

stare
Pooter wasn't quite sure that he was happy; maybe Padge had just murmured something rude...

scowl
...whatever it was, he was quite pleased with himself for saying it.

That's it. I'm getting late-night mutters from the bedroom :)

Postscript: fell in love with the Victoria Roberts cartoon in the Good Weekend yesterday, and regretted that I didn't get a chance to scan it, but goodly Galaxy has done it for me. Check it out, and feel your mouth water at the fennel bits.

No comments: