Pages

Friday, June 30, 2006

Going... going... maybe not?

RobinsOn CruSoE  rose page

Last day to buy my book on ebay. Lots of looking, no action. It's not the ideal venue to sell a piece (not much tactile pleasure), but it's been worth a try.

I sent an email about it to the local BookArts weblist, outlining my reasons for making the book and why I'm selling it like I am, but they've held the email in moderation and as yet have not released it to the members of the list. I'm wondering: what is the difference between an email offering a artist's book directly for sale at a venue like ebay, and an email advertising an exhibition of artist's books in the hope that people will go along and see/buy the works? Both emails are hoping for a transaction, but mayhap mine is socially inferior.

Of course, my email may appear on the group list today (I'm hoping) and maybe someone will buy the book by the end of auction tonight, but in the meantime I'm going to happily feel grumpy. And hopeful.

RobinsOn CruSoE  mixed pages

POSTSCRIPT: It sold, for $100. Hooray! That'll help someone, I hope.

2 comments:

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

I was so tempted, Ducky, but I don't have the $$$... it looked like a great book. I love loose leaves in solander boxes.

Ampersand Duck said...

That's ok, Speedy! Art is pure luxury these days.