Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Snort du Jour ii

Whilst typesetting (on the computer, of course) an English translation of a Spanish academic tome on philosophy and semiotics and experimenting with various ways to hyphenate 'phenomenological', I noticed that I was humming this (using the word 'phenomena'):



I love this early version. I used to yearn for those vast empty spaces that certain muppets lived in...

Time for a geeky re-shoot? Maybe using freaky weather in the background.



OMFG Postscript

Mummy Crit is the Queen of Henson knowledge! Look what she found for me! You rawk, MC!



(I knew I wouldn't be alone in such an obvious word play :) )

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I reckon I could rustle up 150 or so Derrideans in early July for a chorus line.....

Anonymous said...

love it...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=28ZSMAtzBSY

Ampersand Duck said...

Oh goodness me, Bernice. You just made me snort lambrusco up my nose.

Dorian, zigactly.

Mummy/Crit said...

haven't clicked dorian's link, but in the early 90s the muppet show was ressurected as 'muppets tonight'. at the same time there was a john travolta movie called 'phenomenon' so one of the skits was exactly your ear worm. it's the art/life dichotomy again...

Mummy/Crit said...

in fact i bring you kermit the frog and sandra bullock i hope my html works....

may day studio said...

Fantastic! This totally made my morning. Will be humming this over the press all day...

Kelly

Mummy/Crit said...

He he. One thing you surely know about me now is that I am obsessed with all things Henson. So when Muppets Tonight was on I watched it like a maniac. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Deborah said...

Many years ago, two of my friends had come to stay at my parents place with me (university holidays). Dad was saying something very serious at the end of the table - "yadda yadda yadda phenomena." Whereupon my friend chimed in reflexively with 'do do de do do'. Punctured his pomposity nicely, and it has remained a family joke ever since.