Pages

Monday, June 02, 2008

Anyhoo...

I wasn't tagged for this meme, but I'm going to do it anyway, because I feel like it. So there. A simple post to mount at the end of a long day to move things along a tad.

What was I doing 10 years ago?
Regaining my equilibrium after a shocking 1997. Psyching myself up to go back to art school. Enjoying my healthy baby. Enjoying being single. Healing. It was a pretty good year, really.


Five snacks I enjoy in a perfect, non weight-gaining world

1. Cadbury's dairy milk chocolate with cashews.

2. Lemon Meringue pie.

3. Hot buttery mashed potato with lashings salt & pepper.

4. A bottle of very nice white wine.

5. Salt and vinegar chips (Friend of the Potato, me)


Five snacks I enjoy in the real world:

6. See 1-5 above

7. Mersey valley pepper cheese

8. Sourdough bread with goat curd and fresh tomato

9. cashew nuts

10. soft black liquorice


Five things I would do if I were a billionaire:

1. Buy a complete family of type, brand spanking new, imported from the US or UK. Oh bugger it, two complete typefaces, I'm a billionaire.

2. Fund a few international soup kitchens or some such worthy non-righteous helping cause.

3. Have a live-in masseuse.

4. Start a bicycle commuting service, with depots all around the city, allowing people to just grab a bike and use it, dropping it at the nearest depot to their destination.

5. Buy a house near a seaside cliff, complete with huge lavish studio. Never work for anyone ever again.


Five jobs that I have had:

1. Life Model

2. Taxi Driver

3. Coathanger turner (actually a minion in a women's clothing retail outlet, but this seemed to be the predominant duty)

4. David Jones chick

5. Grand Poobah of my own ultra-mini microbusiness empire


Three of my habits:

1. humming out loud when I remember something embarrassing I've said or done

2. dancing with my cat

3. taking my usual earrings out to wear something sparkly then forgetting to put anything back in my earlobes for months


Five places I have lived:

1. Victoria Barracks, Sydney

2. On the cusp of three counties in the UK

3. Kirwan, Townsville

4. Bend 4, Mt Nelson, Hobart

5. Toad Hall, ANU, Canberra


Not doing the tag thing. Follow your dreams.

(nabbed from The View from Elsewhere)

12 comments:

Michelle said...

Bike commuter service sounds fantastic. As do all your snacks. Yum.

genevieve said...

Hear hear for bikes. And soup kitchens.
Maybe we should add a 'jobs I would like to try' category - I've been thinking about life modelling for a while.

Mindy said...

I've pinched this and done my version at FB. I've borrowed a couple of your answers because they were just too good!

Anonymous said...

Do you inherit the love of licorice from Col Duck? There were many food parcels sent with the boiled fruit cake and bags of licorice sent to him from home when he was at colledge!
Love and hugs to Bumble Bee he is growing so much. Love Aunty Lou

Ampersand Duck said...

I reckon I did, Auntie Lou. It was never long between lolly parcels from Nana Annie, and they all contained a wad of liquorice.

Life modelling is a very good thing to do for all ages. It's an occupation where they are always accepting of your body shape, and it pays reasonably well. Sometimes they let you read during the long poses. Doing it in winter sucks, though.

lucy tartan said...

Thanks for writing 1-5 for your first 'real world' snack, I've been thinking wtf? is the meme trying to tell me something?

Elsewhere007 said...

I used to dance with Leonard, but none of my other cats have shown any aptitude for dancing.

Ampersand Duck said...

It's only Pooter. He especially loves to be dipped. Padge takes after his adoptive father, and looks uncomfortable in the face of a beat.

Anonymous said...

Oh my God! I do the humming thing, too! I thought it was just some wierd thing that only I did and yet now I know I am not alone. I can't tell you how comforting that is.

Sometimes, instead of humming, I do this little high-pitched wheeeeee. (I might be alone on that one).

I also love soft licorice. And love sourdough with goats cheese (fetta - close). And hot buttery mash. And one time I walked past Toad Hall and heard someone exclaim "Hey! Brian! I figured out a new way to cook rice!" and have had a soft spot for the place ever since.

If it weren't for the cat-dancing thing, I'd say we were kindred spirits.

Ampersand Duck said...

I can comfort you even more by telling you that I do the little squeal as well. It's usually perceived by my family as 'Mum just having one of her exciting little thoughts', but it's just me, hit by the full force of a horrid moment. Sigh.

Mummy/Crit said...

Lovely meme. I may get to it if I get the cold and end up in bed.

Ariel said...

Oh ... lemon meringue pie ... the best snack ever. I forgot that when I was doing this meme.

I like 5) on your billionaire list.