Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Show-down

This is probably the last chance I'll get to post before Sunday night. We're travelling down the Snowy Mountains Highway tomorrow to stay with my folks in Numbugga (real place!). Taking the cats, of course. They'd never forgive us if we came home smelling of the farm without taking them. They love having a few acres to roam (only during the day, of course. The feral cats would tear them to bits at night).

We're also going to the Bega Show, and while I very much doubt I'll be able to match the glory of Zoe's show tales, I hope to report back in my own humble way... especially since Best Beloved has entered about 4 of his jams* in the Homemakers Novice section! What a hoot. I hope he gets a ribbon. It would make his lovely chest puff out charmingly. It's stiff competition, however. Unfortunately we won't be there at the judging tomorrow, but I'm sure there'll be a few competitors fluttering around the tables throughout the weekend. I'll borrow me mam's camera to capture the tension.

Just to get you in the mood, here's Best Beloved, on a scorching summer's sunday, making plum sauce in his boxers:
saucy
Shhh... don't tell him I blogged it. He's vewy, vewy shy. And he Never. Reads. My. Blog. Not from disapproval on his part or censorship on mine. He just doesn't. I think he's scared that if he starts reading blogs, he'll never stop. And then when would he find the time to cook? It's also a nice view of our custom kitchen, our wedding present to ourselves. Note the Dalek kitchen glove. That's my Mother's Day present from Bumblebee.

So see you in a few days, hopefully with an encouragement ribbon!

*The 4 flavours are: Seville Orange Marmalade, Orange & Rhubarb Jam, Blackberry & Apple Jam and Cumquat Marmalade. Mmmmm... we're also eating Crab-apple jelly on our toast at the moment. He made that the day before yesterday. Right now he's brewing up pickled garlic. How good is he?!

TAGS: , , ,

No comments: