Pages

Monday, September 05, 2005

Spending 90 minutes sounding like a crow

I had a wonderful weekend, but I can't tell you about that just yet because my blood is boiling from watching three consecutive doses of news whilst cooking dinner (beetroot risotto, I'll blog the recipe sometime if anyone wants it).

I JUST CAN'T [caps lock off, but it suits anyway] believe how inept the American authorities have been with Hurricane Katrina and New Orleans. Fark! Even a poodle, let alone the daughter of an ex-army logistics expert (me), could tell you that if you're going to shelter a lot of people in a public space, you should make sure that some food and water is left there with them, especially if you have over 24 hours notice of the impending event. Faarrrk! And to leave vistims stranded for a week when you have the money and resources to put people in space! Faaarrrrrrkkkkkkkkk....

I have to go away and take deep breaths. I'll post something a bit jollier tomorrow, maybe with pictures of cats frolicking in rural spaces.

Faaaaaaaarrrrrrkkkkkkkkk....

4 comments:

Mummy/Crit said...

I'm always up for reading recipes, crow impersonations notwithstanding. (I've been doing them too.) I'm glad Kanye West did his bit, someone had to say it...

Anonymous said...

Faark! is the word, alright. One of the more egregious SNAFU (Situation Normal, All Faaarked Up) periods of the Dubya Bush presidency.

On more mundane matters, I'm interested in your beetroot risotto. A post, please?

Anonymous said...

I've been going faaark faaark faaaark since about Friday, I think, and I'm getting kind of croaky and hoarse... I hope you had a nice minibreak anyway!

On more trivial topics, I have meme-tagged you:
http://blinkandyoullmissit.typepad.com/momenttomoment/2005/09/meme_in_the_mor.html

Ampersand Duck said...

This is a lovely meme. I'm going to take my time in answering to do it justice. I think it needs a good weekend's thought at least! Thanks for passing it to me!