Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2005

A Rose by any name would smell as sweet?

Yesterday I went to Woollies in Dickson to pick up a few things (including wine, of which I've had my fair share tonight) and when I got to the Express Checkout Chick she smiles at me and said 'how are you tonight. Do I smell?'

Taken aback, I had a quick sniff and thought yes you do, but thought I'd be polite at first then break the news to her gently a bit further along in our relationship, like after she'd packed my stuff.

So I said 'why do you ask, Rose?' (I'm not making this up, her name was Rose) and she replied that she could smell herself, and was feeling a bit paranoid that others could smell it too.

Then I swiped my card and punched in my pin etc. She let it twitter away for a second and then said 'your card was denied. ONLY JOKING!! ha ha ha'.

That was the point where I decided not to tell her that she stank. Let someone else have that pleasure.

This anecdote was brought to you with the encouragement of crazybrave.

2 comments:

Zoe said...

Heh. Stinky Rose. More pissed blogging at mine.

I really love you, man. hic.

Anonymous said...

hmm stinky chix... niiice ( no, really!)

btw, that crazybrave likes to sniff people's necks, so watch out.