Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Boxing

I have a lovely man yawning pointedly from the bed in the next room, so I'll keep this short and sweet.

I've been teaching a box-making workshop all weekend to a small but thoughtful group. They all wanted to make at least a clamshell box, and I told them it would take the whole weekend to do it. They couldn't believe it, but by the end of the first day, when they'd just glued together their second internal tray, they understood why.

But lo! They made things of beauty! Look!

Susana

Karen
(also a little paper box we did at the end for fun)

Fiona

Tony

Tony2
(inside of above box)

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I want to come along to the next workshop - books or boxes. I saw this one but found out too late and couldn't shift gears quickly enough. Next time though. How often do you do them?

Ampersand Duck said...

The very next one, Melissa, is the Sturt Winter School, in Mittagong in July.

I am teaching more weekend workshops at Megalo next semester too. I seem to be doing about four classes a year for them, and their new schedule is up now.

Sara Bowen said...

I love the map box... never tried a clamshell but it looks like fun!

pk said...

Mittagong? Megalo? So far and yet so.....far. Sigh.

Cecilia said...

Those boxes are simply beautiful!
I particularly love clamshell boxes because they are the best protective storage for keeping precious books.