Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

The 'spot the cat' game

Well, I've done all the hard work, and the realtor's sign is hammered into the verge, signalling that the house is on sale. The photos are on a couple of websites, but BB has advised me not to put a direct link here in case Bad Peoples are reading.

I don't believe that Bad Peoples hang about here, do you?

Anyhoo, I'll respect his wishes, but I'm sure if you're one of my smart readers, you can find it for yourself, especially if I share some of my favorite photos with you.



Spot the cat!
Golly, our kitchen looks good. It hasn't looked this good since it was built instead of having a flashy wedding (by a friend who has excellent woody skillz). In fact, it almost looks better than then because he left us a few final jobs which weren't done until a couple of weeks ago.


Spot the cat!
I find this photo quite embarrassing. Our couches are really not that purple when you see them in situ. I was shocked when I moved one of them from the (tip)shop where it looked 'normal' to the car in the sunlight where it looked this purple. The photographer turned on all the lights and used a fancy flash, and lo! the couches are purple. In the normal house light they look a lovely dark purply-brown, sort of like what baby poo looks like after they've eaten beetroot.

I'm really not selling the couches to you, am I? Sigh. As I told our lovely real estate agent: up to now I've had pets and a small child. Who buys new furniture? Not anyone with a practical streak.

OK, next:


Spot the cat!
This one is a tricky one. Mr Padge was lying slothfully on the front step, and you can only just make him out behind the greenery. It's amazing how wide they can take the shot without making it all buggy and fish-eyed.

So there you go. There are other pics, but they are the cattiest.

Wish us luck... we're having viewing sessions on both days of the next two weekends. And crossing our fingers that someone likes our house's quirky charm, including Best Beloved's many fruity jam plantings (red currants, apricots, quinces, plums and grapes). We have to make ourselves scarce during the viewings, and are planning some jaunty escapades to stop ourselves from fretting.

And we're making bets about whether the cats stay and fawn over people or scarper as well. Do let us know if you visit and spot them. Extra points in the game :)

18 comments:

Cat Drawings said...

Only spotted two cats. The place looks FABULOUS!

Ampersand Duck said...

Yeah, Padge is a bit obscure in the third photo.

I KNOW! Isn't it freaky? I don't feel at home at the moment, which is maybe a good thing.

Anonymous said...

I agree the place looks Fabulous! I giving you my wishes that it all goes well for you.

GS said...

Am having trouble Padge hunting in the third pic but love the cat placements in the interior shots. Real glamour shots :) Am crossing digits for you to have a smooth sale.

Anonymous said...

I wish you heaps of luck though looking at the photos it won't be needed. Why do cats love to materialise for the camera. One of our cats (now gone to god) appeared in every single photo the out-laws took one visit (and they were shutter mad, but not unfortunatly fond of cats).

Mindy said...

House looks amazing. I think the couches look fine. Your house looks like somewhere people could live, not like it's been styled within an inch of its life and no one would dare step foot in it.

Anonymous said...

Friends of mine bought their current house on the basis of the healthy established raspberry canes in the backyard, I'm sure you'll have no trouble.

Ampersand Duck said...

Bless you, Mindy & InnerCity. I feel really much less anxious now. The new mortgage papers yesterday spooked me a bit!

Zoe said...

Puce, darling, they're puce.

NanU said...

Excellent cat placements! Mine should learn to be so subtle.

Good luck with the visits!

Lucytartan said...

The house really looks amazing. I hope the agent has the sense to talk up the fruity plantings. They won't matter to everybody, but they'll be a huge incitement to people who do care about that sort of thing.

Couches are not worth spending a lot of money on. Ebay is full of perfectly ok furniture being sold for a tenth of what it cost.

Three Hundred Sixty Five said...

Being an HGTV addict, I must say I agree with your irritated "I'm not selling you the couch, am I?" The worst offenders are couples looking for their first home. Their inane pickiness drives me nuts. I think the photos are wonderful. And having a couch that looks the color of baby poop after having eaten beetroot wouldn't through me off at all.....good luck!

Mary Bennet said...

I love your kitchen! I would buy it for that alone (if I was looking in Canberra). So tired of caserstone and formica.

I'd suggest decamping with the cats during the open houses. They might get too traumatised by all the strangers and sadly not all househunters are cat lovers.

Good luck!

Mummy/Crit said...

Excellent. I looked at all those pics on the website and didn't see any cats. For some reason I thought they might not be there! I can see the first two now, and I think possibly an ear in the last one. I hope it goes smoothly for you.

Ampersand Duck said...

Mary, I only read your comment after the first open house session and it made us chortle...

when we left the house in the hands of the agent, the cats were nowhere to be seen, but apparently soon after, Padge wandered in and plonked his vast length down about a metre into the front entrance and made everyone step over him and pat him! The agent left him there (maybe too scared to move him on!), and apparently everyone made a fuss over him. So he's a very lucky boy.

Mary Bennet said...

Oh I'm glad Pagde put on a star turn

When we were selling our unit I took our cat in a cage and baby in a pram to sit in a local park, not realising it was an off leash dog park until we'd had an interesting half hour.

Ampersand Duck said...

I feel like I should be consoling you about that, but I have to confess that I laughed like a drain...

Carol said...

House looks fabulous inside & out. So pleased you had such a good reception and that the cats were so popular. I sold two years ago and it was SO stressful but you forget that once it's over. Good luck!