Pages

Thursday, December 02, 2010

Patronus

Caren

Here I am, venturing forth from my sickbed (well, sick house) to attend the ANU School of Art Patron's Day to pick out two interesting graduates for my Broadside Residency.

I'm standing in the main Gallery of the school, caught like a bug on a pin by Megsie from Glass Central Cenberra but the entire school is, for ten short days, a vast cornucopia of emerging art.

It's not a fabulous snap of me, but I thought I'd pop it here so that you can have a glimpse of the lovely little brooch that BB and B bought for my birthday. It's a tiny silver box with the sea inside it, beautifully modelled in perspective so that when you look in, you seem to be looking over the waves forever.

The brooch is by Jane Dodd, and we found it in a fab studio called Lure in Dunedin.

Straight after this I went home and had a nana nap. Looking at talent is exhausting.

Today I woke up to a fresh onslaught of head ache and sinus crappiness. I'm seeing the doctor this afternoon.

Two weeks out of the studio! What a waste of good free time. Bah.

3 comments:

ray ban sunglasses sale said...

Thank you for sharing, the patron saint of bring us lot of hope

Unknown said...

Ace brooch! Hope the doc could prescribe something suitably offensive for the sickness.

Carol said...

Good to see you venturing out but take care. You've been sick for too long. Get better now! Wonderful brooch, maybe you could show a bigger pic.