Pages

Friday, November 17, 2006

Addendum

Having run with this meme, I should probably commit myself to the rest of it (I don't believe it: virtual peer pressure!). Pav sensibly cut these bits out, but I've always been a sucker for filling out questionnaires. The only ones I say no to are Scientologists, and even they manage to fool me for a few seconds occasionally.

1. What shirt are you wearing?

A long-sleeved black kenjiurban t-shirt that I found at Vinnies about a year ago. On top of that I'm wearing a black polar-fleece vest, because the sun is warm but the wind is still bizarrely chilly for November.

2. Name the brand of your shoes you're currently wearing?

Birkinstocks. Everything else is too narrow since I went to the Deutsch Side.

3. Bright or Dark Room?
Indirect daylight through the window, no lights on. A bit on the dull side, but great for computer work.

4. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?

I second Laura's motion.

5. Where is your nearest 7-11?

Um, not sure. There was one in Civic, but I haven't looked at it for a while. It may not be there anymore; shops in Civic move like trees in The Lord of the Rings.

6. Who told you he/she loved you last?

Either Best Beloved or Padge, but the latter may actually have been 'feed me' in Purr.

7. How many drugs have you done in the last three days?

Recreational or medicinal? Ah, let's not go there.

8. How many rolls of film do you need developed?

I've had a roll of black & white slide film in the fridge for about ten years now. I think I'd better chuck it; I haven't got an SLR camera anymore.

9. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?

KICK THE MACHINE VERY HARD and SWEAR. As I walk away people snatch their kids from my path.

10. Are you touchy feely?

Fairly. I tend to pat people on the back in a jolly and encouraging (and probably annoying) way, but I don't do random hugs. BB does cheek kisses when saying goodbye, so I've learned to do it too, although if the person looks freaked out by them, I don't repeat the experience. I can be freaked out by others doing them to me! With my loved ones I'm extremely demonstrative.


11. Name three things that you have on you at all times?

My glasses. My phone. My wedding ring.

12. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?

Right at this moment I'm proud to say secondhand copies of Sylvia Plath's Arial and Jasper Fford's The Eyre Affair. There's a secondhand book shop next to Bumblebee's school, which is my constant budget downfall.

13. Does anything hurt on your body right now?

My nose still hurts from its random fly-by fruiting.


14. How much cash do you have on you?

About $50 (I had more before the bookshop attacked my purse), but I'll have to get some more out for the farmer's market tomorrow. No cash machines near the fresh produce.

15. What's a word that rhymes with “DOOR?”

Semaphore.


The more I look at this quiz, the more I think Bernice is right. This probably originated on some kind of internet dating service, don't you think?

5 comments:

flexnib said...

The Deutsch Side!!

ROFL - great description! I love my Birkenstocks too - they're my most comfy shoes.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't encourage Bernice by telling she's got anything right. Very very dangerous. But I too have been seriously pondering the one & true meaning of this meme, thinking it suspiciously like a rather subtle marketing profile. Let us see how long it takes the Scientol - scientplodists - no what the hell, the trapped aliens among us to appear smiling their oh so white smiles upon our door steps.

Anonymous said...

& does Joan know you're spending money on books NOT at Booklore? The Lifeline expose was bad enough but now - the school fete? Shameless hussy you.

Tim said...

This meme reminds me of those email quizzes that were popular in the late-90s/early-00s. Depending on the questions they were a good vehicle for flirting, as I recall.

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

has anyone mentioned that Whore rhymes with Door?

playing with rhymes always reminds me of an afternoon when a bunch of us sat around thinking of 'romantic' rhymes, you know, Moon and June, Love and Dove, etc etc... and the quietest, sweetest, loveliest (but possibly sharpest) person we know came up with...

Floral and Oral.

heh. still get a giggle out of that one.