Thursday, May 21, 2009

lovely nora

Lately, I have being enjoying Nora the Piano cat:

Also Nora in a mood many of us can probably relate to:

She plays piano the way I do: longingly, wishing she had the skillz of others. I learned for about a year, with a boring and knuckle-rapping Englishman whose main claim to fame was that he'd played the organ at the Queen's coronation, and the piano I learned on had missing keys, including the note at the height of the main William Tell Overture riff, so it was an agonising year for the whole family. These days I constrain my live musical longings to the occasional picking up and strumming of an acoustic guitar. But Nora does it better.


SCB said...

If only the sound worked on my laptop... looks fun, though! It brings back all the joys of learning the violin.

lucy tartan said...

I love how the piano lessons appear to just carry on regardless.

Playing the organ at the Coronation sounds like a pretty good claim to fame as claims to fame go!

Ampersand Duck said...

I know. I'm being churlish. He wasn't a very inspiring teacher; but then I was probably an annoying student.

Mummy/Crit said...

I only just got around to watching this, but thank you so much for posting it!!!