Pages

Saturday, March 05, 2011

happy cat is happy

Actually, the cats are nervous and prowly, but Padge didn't seem to mind a chin scratch a little while ago as I booked some cinema tickets on the internet:



You can see one of the things I love about our new house: the slate detailing on the outside.

By the time BB had loaded and unloaded masses of things, then I helped to unload and partially unpack other things, we were absolutely exhaustipated (tired and nothing comes out right). My lovely friend K has moved to Canberra from the Southern Highlands, into a house JUST around the corner, so she bounced around and we drank a bottle of bubbly then walked around to Wilburs (our new local) just in time to order food before the kitchen closed.

Then we fell into bed and slept soundly with the nervous kitties for half the night, but then newness and strangeness took over and I found myself sitting in the loungeroom with wide-awake cats at 4.30am, talking to them about the niceness of their new home. Then we lay in bed pinching each other and saying, 'we're actually here!' Finally we all got back to sleep, but we also had to awake at dawn's crack to give back the rental truck.

So. We're underslept, caffeinated and happy, unpacking merrily but I have just bought cinema tickets in the anticipation of both of us crashing emotionally in a few hours and needing to eat and be entertained without having to talk to each other. Tomorrow Bumblebee gets back from his parental visit and Real Life in the New House begins in earnest.

Hope you're having a good weekend, too!

9 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

It looks truly magical. Lucky Padge, Lucky Pooter. And even in the little glimpse it looks a truly welcoming home. A place for nestling. And well worth the stress and exhaustion.

Penthe said...

Woot! Love the slate detailing.

Mummy/Crit said...

Yay you! And yay Wilburs. I'm sure we'll see you there some time.

Cat Drawings said...

Looks gorgeous. You know that Trewin's dad was responsible for lots of that slate stuff around Canberra. Fancy.

ArtWranglers said...

One of those Austrian houses with slate sticking out the corners? Love 'em! They're everywhere. Who was it who built them?

M-H said...

Lovely. Glad you're happy and the hard physical bits went well and are all done. Enjoy.

Mrs B said...

Three cheers for wide window sills!

Elephant's Child said...

Love your blog, look forward to each new post so I have just awarded you a Stylish Blogger Award. You can check it out at http://myjustsostory.blogspot.com/2011/03/stylish-blogger-award.html

bag said...

I think this is a great post. One thing that I find the most helpful is number five. Sometimes when I write, I just let the flow of the words and information come out so much that I loose the purpose. It’s only after editing when I realize what I’ve done. There’s defiantly a lot of great tips here I’m going to try to be more aware of.