Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Ooh, ooh, oooooh

Bumblebee watched Grease the other day, and it reminded me that I haven't finished showing you my Folk Festival collection of Grease covers.

This is a lovely effort, and one for anyone who likes bands like The Audreys and The Waifs. It's the Ellis Collective, who decided not to do a campy corny cover, but to transform one of the campy corny songs from the movie into something gorgeous. And it worked. I've been singing this in the shower ever since the concert.

Also my camerawork had improved by this stage of the concert. It's still crap, because it's my little digicam, but at least you don't have to twist your neck this time!

Enjoy:

4 comments:

Mummy/Crit said...

Wow, that is fabulous. And I see that The Ellis Collective contains the legendary Alison Procter of The Cashews fame (who are playing at The Transit Bar tonight, with a bunch of other people.)

Mummy/Crit said...

No, wait. It's all lies. The Ellis collective played _last_ night at the Phoenix with mojo juju and a bunch of others. Mojo juju and another bunch of others are at the transit tonight, but not the cashews, as far as I can tell from the facebook event page...

Zarquon said...

http://ajax.sayitaintslow.com/fontgame/

For your long weekend enjoyment

Zarquon said...

Ooops forgot to say it's via Making Light