Pages

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Heh

Yesterday, Colonel Duck was just about to shake the hand of little Johnny Howard in Bega (he'd spurned the joybuzzer I'd wanted him to wear) when this happened.

I'm sorry my father missed his moment. To his credit, I don't think he was really all that keen on the idea. I would, however, like him to click this link (the rest of you feel free as well) to see what REAL parental political advice looks like.

Ms Fits (child/author) of the abovementional parental link) also covered a bit of Bega's uncovering.

4 comments:

Mummy/Crit said...

Wow, all very amusing I must say. I've been out of the news loop for a few days (just for the halibut) so it was good to catch up...but _why_ was Col Duck supposed to be shaking the hand of the "prime minister"?

Ampersand Duck said...

Gah, it was one of those events where the Prime Mincer goes to a rural area, promises to commit $10,000 (after he's elected) and then walks around shaking hands with the people in the room while they simper.

Only in an election year, and always in the Bega-Monaro electorate because they are apparently the country's electoral touchstone. Puke.

Mummy/Crit said...

Ah yes, I had forgotten about that electorate's particualar position...Poor old Col Duck with all that simpering.

Anonymous said...

Have the speedos something to do with debham perhaps? the new political uniform in NSW? liked the log truck chaining though - one huge truck, one small person...