Pages

Friday, February 10, 2006

A nice surprise

Hooray for the Senate! One step closer to letting us make up our own friggin' minds.

Crazybrave, a much more politically proactive citizen than I, urges us to thank the people involved and urge the upcoming voters to do the right thing. I will be doing so.

I've probably mentioned this a number of times, I'll say it again. In my personal experience, anything that allows women to choose not to be poked by sharp knives when they HAVE to have their uterus cleared out is probably a good thing. I'm not talking about killing babies, peoples. I'm talking about pregnancies that have not thrived, that won't abort by themselves. They're called missed miscarriages, and they're very common. I had one at the end of 2004, and in the process of being D&C'd to get the blighted foetus out, my poor old uterus was perforated 3 times. Hence I had to let the poor organ heal for about 8 months before trying to get pregnant again, and I'm not getting any younger. Taking RU-846 may have been a better solution in that scenario.

That's only one slant on the issue. There's probably millions of other perspectives, as many as there are women who need to have the choice about abortion. Choice. Not prohibition.

Thank you, Senate, for a lovely surprise. I didn't think you'd do it. It's restored my faith in the System.

TAGS: , , , ,

No comments: