Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2005

The Woodford Files: 3


Vince being blue, originally uploaded by Ampersand Duck.

I sat in a big fucking circus tent for over an hour to get a front row seat for Vince Jones and it was worth it, even despite the COW sitting behind me with her family who professed to be Vince's BIGGEST fan and yet couldn't shut up long enough to hear him sing, which made her his LOUDEST and most ANNOYING fan in my and everyone close by's book(remember to breathe).

This man is fabulous. I apologise for the fuzzy photo, I had misty eyes for the whole session. I came out on a complete high, and couldn't hear anything else musical that evening. I've been playing all my records and CDs of his constantly since then.

I had another wonderful experience watching Stringmansassy in the concert tent. They do a cover of Sting's 'Fragile' to die for, and they performed it in the context of mourning for Tsunami victims. I went back to my tent and blubbed for ever so long.

It was great, because I'd heard and read all the reports feeling shocked, but fairly calm. I think the magnitude was/is just plain numbing. But Stringmansassy made it all real and I couldn't get over the powerful sense of grief that hit me. I think the Woodford Tsunami response tripled after that particular concert.

No comments: