Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Exhibitionist

I don't know if anyone's noticed, but I've been steadily rebuilding my website, and I've even added a new Duckshop...

I've had a really busy weekend. Friday I drove up to Sydney to deliver some works to a group show I'm in soon. Here's the invite:

Paper Works

Just in case you can't see the image, let me tell you the deets:

Brenda May Gallery: Paper Works
23 March to 11 April 2010
2 Danks St, Waterloo, Sydney
Opening: 4 to 6pm, Sat 27 March

I'm very excited, I'm in exalted company, and I'm showing two pieces from my solo show in Canberra last year.

Unfortunately, I can't make the opening, because I'm going to a wedding at the National Gallery of Australia that promises to be posh and lush and unforgiveable to miss. But, if you're in Sydney, I hope you can pop your head into either the opening or the actual show in normal gallery hours.

I spent all day in Studio Duck today printing. Printing, printing, printing. Mostly printing bookplates for my mother-in-law as a present for her impending 70th birthday party, and then printing splash posters for another upcoming group exhibition I'm in...

3 Chords

3 Chords

This is the invitation I designed for the gallery after I printed the first proof of the wood type. I've been printing more of the text onto sheet music and newsprint to plaster through Canberra and the National Folk Festival, since we've timed the exhibition to coincide with the Festival.

Do come to this opening, if you're in Canberra (6pm Wed 31st March). We've got Dr Stovepipe playing, and they're a most excellent outfit.

Yawn... bedtime.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Hello I am in the same exhibition with you - Three Chords and the Truth - just wanted to say hellow and I enjoy your passion in your art which came through in your website. Regards, Anne Warren (Melb) I also wasn't at the opening.