Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

In future, we shalt...

I am about to launch into another bout of collaboration with Bernice Balconey to pull our dreamy art idea into the cold hard light of reality, and stumbled upon the following this morning:

10 Commandments of Collaboration

Thou shalt trust thy collaborator's art with thy whole heart.
Thou shalt trust thy collaborator's judgment with thy whole mind.
Thou shalt trust thy collaborator's integrity with thy whole spirit.
Honor thy own voice.
Honor thy collaborator's spouse.
Thou shalt not be an egotistical asshole.
Thou shalt not covet all the glory.
Thou shalt love the same foods as your collaborator.
Thou shalt eat and tire at the same time.
Above all, honor the muse.

From Denise Duhamel & Maureen Seaton via ample sanity.

This is not a pointing finger at Bernice, gawd forbid, just a timely happening that applies to all the (artistic) collaborations in my life at the moment!

I am taking it on board the good ship Amperduck as she sails through time and space.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh I am SOOOOoooo warned....

so bratwurst for lunch tomorrow then?

Ampersand Duck said...

Ewww. I think that falls under 'Honor thy collaborator's spouse'. He adores bratwurst.

Brian said...

These commandments are pure gold Ducky and I'm henceforth enshrining them as da law in my own collaborative research practice.

I'm not so blog active myself but still enjoy dropping by your site when I can.